Xecuritas’ integrated policy system supports end-users’ preferences while allowing
for centralized IT and corporate control. Flexible policy settings and permissions
are possible via a comprehensive control panel that allows a wide range of customized
actions to any incoming, outgoing or internal message or attachment.
This flexible policy management system enables IT to determine not only how much
control to give to users, but also what type of role each user or group of users
has. This means that IT can offload some of the creation, management and enforcement
of policies to other individuals or departments.
Visual Policy Editing and Workflow
Xecuritas mx2020™ represents policies with a unique visual approach, using
workflow diagrams to make policy creation and management simple and straightforward.
In addition to viewing policy by workflow, IT and others with permissions can also
view policy by hierarchy. Policies can easily be created for inbound, outbound or
post-delivery message flows. These policies can apply to the entire organization,
a single user or a group (e.g., Sales).
The sophisticated Web-based user interface, designed for ease of use, enables an
organization to implement and enforce the policies that have been created. It provides
visual policy creation and editing—enabling the use of both straightforward
and more complex policies and flows. Xecuritas is the only company that provides
this visual approach to policy creation and management.
Xecuritas mx2020 can do the following:
- Define the rules and tests—or set of conditions—to
be performed on one or more attributes of a message (e.g., does the message contain
an mp3 attachment or is it coming from the hotmail.com domain?)
- Specify all actions to be performed on messages (e.g., delete the
mp3 attachment and send the rest of the message to the recipient with a note indicating
the action taken).
Numerous policies related to filtering and archiving are available ‘out of the box’,
enabling rapid deployment of the system. Additionally, the parameters of the tests
and actions can be tweaked to suit an organization’s specific policies.
With customized system, policy and flow editing permissions, IT can dictate:
- Which applications the user has access to (e.g., the quarantine
or a compliance review queue or the results of an electronic discovery)
- The specific test parameters a user can or cannot change (e.g.,
trusted and blocked senders)
- The specific action parameters a user can or cannot change (e.g.,
whether messages classified as spam are quarantined or deleted)
- Permissions around electronic discovery (e.g., classify an investigation
or identify which users may be investigated)
Xecuritas is also the only company to integrate the multiple messaging applications—filtering,
secure messaging, discovery, compliance and archiving—into a single solution
managed centrally by policies.
Xecuritas mx2020 allows IT to assign selected privileges to different users and/or
- No access: cannot view policies
- View only: can view policies but cannot edit them
- Change settings: Can view policies and change parameters, but cannot
change condition or action
- Change permissions: Can view policies and change permissions on
- Editor: Can create, edit, move, and delete policies